Saturday 31 March 2007

Serenity


Being an only child in a family of three leaves one ample time to ponder, write , read and think deeply from a very young age.(Or maybe I was plain spiritual/philosophical since childhood. Hehehe)

Anyhow, I used to maintain a diary in which I constantly wrote thoughts that struck a chord with me. I also wrote self-composed poems in it, which were mostly pathetic (clearly am no poet). Today, years later, when the art of writing diaries and journals has been swept over by blogging and what have you, I still refer to it time and again. Not only does it renew hope, it brings me a sense of serenity. I shall write some of my favourites, and also lament the loss of a book of poetry I treasured...

Life is a journey on a train,
With two fellow passengers on each window pane,
I may sit beside you, all the journey through,
Or I may sit elsewhere, never knowing you,
But should fate mark us, to sit side by side,
Let's be pleasant travelers, tis' so short a ride.

- Subhash C. Sethi

Does God need your offerings to be able to eat and dress?
Give instead to the poor.

God is in heaven, but his idols are made
by men with petty ambitions.

- Jesus Christ

Love is a fruit in season at all times,
and within reach of every hand.

- Mother Teressa

Love is the extremely difficult realization
that something other than oneself is real.

- Iris Murdoch

Each friend represents a world in us,
A world posibly not born until they arrive,
And it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.

- Anais Nin

One kind word can warm three winter months.

- Japanese Proverb

It's such a secret place, the land of tears.

- Antoine de Saint - Exupery

Anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love,
Is a waste of time. There are too many mediocre things
In life, and love should not be one of them.

- Anonymous



Phew, that's all for now. Serenity - The Sequel will come soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice quotes....saare romantic type hain tho

Anonymous said...

ahhhh Hnsa, the spiritua babe. muah...good job