Sunday 8 July 2007

Congratulations to us all !

The verdict is out and the world has taken its pick. India's Taj Mahal stands proudly among the new Seven Wonders of the World. The immaculate beauty of the Taj spells grandeur and it is truly romance in stone. I remember the first time I saw the majestic monument. I was 16 and it was hot as hell, but the moment I laid my eyes on the Taj Mahal, I was pretty much dumb struck. For there it was, in all its glory.




Taj Mahal, India
The Reigning Beauty 


More than anything else I am glad that in this screwed up world 
of ours, among the Seven Wonders of the World, one is a symbol of love.
The others are symbols of defence, religion and the like. This goes on to illustrate that no matter how our world may be swept by waves of terrorism, hatred, malice, materialism, utilitarianism and other such 'isms', nothing beats the power of love. Though I am a tad disappointed that St. Basil and Ankorwat lost
:(

The other Wonders of the World, equally beautiful and significant are:


Chichén Itzá, Mexico
(My Pick)



Stattue of Christ the Redeemer, Brazil



The Great Wall, China



Machu Picchu, Peru
(My Pick)



Petra, Jordan



The Roman Colloseum, Italy

No comments: