Friday 29 December 2006

An ode to pristine palace . . .

Having a new blog is like moving into a new house. It may feel like a new begining, but a tiny bag of memories from the old house still remain. So here's my fav entry in my ex-blog - pristine palace on msn. Hehehe:


Rahul Dravid, Vivek Oberoi, Matthew MacConaughey & Abhishek Bachchan.

as always and perhaps as a rule, me and anamika have always had a crush on the same celebs, for the first time it holds true for a real living person. hehehe. and boy, is it fun ! totally unlike crushes on celebs. loads of fun and its cementing the bond, esp wid her trying to hook me up wid guys i dont even know ! lol. our conversations now dominate this GEM, much and mush to the annoyance of our gang. but us chicas gotta stick together in our pursuit of nothingness and enjoy
it while it lasts. while we drool over this unattainable GEM !!!

on a diff note, for the first and perhaps the longest time now, i have been feeling incredibly tranquil. its not because i have suddenly become optimistic or my life has become any smoother or i have lost tonnnnns of weight or i have a bf. hence, i have arrived at the conclusion that maybe i have let go and subconciously resolved that nothing as bad or as good as it first seems.

tranquility comes to us when we understand that life is not only about us. the reason for most of our miseries is that we take ourselves tooo seriously. we take life so seriously. we say we have faith in god, but the way we behave, is a clear reflection that inwardly we dont even know there is a god. for if there really was, we would have enough faith to not worry too much abt ourselves. am i making sense ???
maybe this will :


Life's not only about me

Though my troubles and my worries
are sometimes all that I can see,
still I always must remember
life’s not only about me.
Other souls are also hurting
and I know that it is God’s plan
to reach out to help another,
to extend to them my hand.
With this purpose as my focus -
to be a comfort to a friend,
all my troubles and my worries
seem to fade out in the end.
It is one of God’s true lessons
how my walk is meant to be,
true happiness I find when
life’s not only about me.


The secret of health for both mind and body is
not to mourn for the past, worry about the future,
or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment
wisely and earnestly.

— Buddha


This was written on December 27, 2006, at 9.17 pm. During happier times :)



No comments: